Welcome to the fourth installment of my weekly power rankings. As always, it’s pretty easy to understand. I take the worst conservatives of the previous week and rank them accordingly based on whatever nonsense they said or did, with links so you can check it out for yourselves.
Again, this isn’t based on everything every conservative said as that would be nearly impossible to follow. Typically these rankings will included more “mainstream” conservatives.
Alright, time to get started.
10) Jason Lewis: He’s a conservative radio host who walked out in the middle of a broadcast in a pathetic attempt to generate attention to an Ayn Rand-loving website he’s created. The first rule of this website? You’re not supposed to talk about what goes on in the “members only” website. No, seriously. To apply you have to agree to rules, then submit an application to be “approved” based on an essay they ask you to write. Perfectly “sane” I tell ya.
9) Ann Coulter: This bottom feeder essentially said that we shouldn’t feel bad about dead Palestinian children because they associate with terrorists. Because, you know, we should blame children when adults exploit the fact that they’re children.
8) Any Republican claiming that Democrats are the ones who keep bringing up impeachment: Seriously? This is honestly the new talking point coming from the right. That after years of portraying President Obama as this out of control tyrant who uses the Constitution for toilet paper and most assuredly deserves impeachment for (fill in whatever right-wing conspiracy theory you like) – that it’s Democrats who are the ones who keep bringing up impeachment to raise money.
7) Rick Perry: Not only did he get busted last week blatantly lying about how many homicides have been committed by illegal immigrants, but this week he got caught in another outright lie concerning how many immigrants from countries linked to terrorism we’ve apprehended. In other words, it seems Rick Perry is trying to portray himself as an expert on illegal immigration – though he doesn’t seem to know any factual information about immigration statistics.
6) Texas “milita” members patrolling the border: These lunatics are “patrolling” down on the Texas border, even though law enforcement officials have warned them against such action, apparently threatening to murder illegal immigrants they’ve encountered crossing our border. Last I checked, death wasn’t a punishment for illegal immigration.
5) Rush Limbaugh: Leave it to Rush Limbaugh to brag that he’s partially responsible for the dumbing down of America.
4) Michele Bachmann: The soon to be ex-congresswoman pathetically implied that President Obama is bringing these immigrant children into the United States so that they can have medical experiments performed on them against their will.
3) Fox & Friends: This segment perfectly epitomized the stupidity of conservative propaganda. They were literally trying to use two conflicting right-wing talking points against each other – while simultaneously trying to perpetuate both talking points. It was a hilarious train wreck of a segment.
2) John Boehner: After leading the vote just the day before to sue President Obama for acting unilaterally to make minor adjustments to the Affordable Care Act, John Boehner (and several other Republicans) released a statement imploring President Obama to act unilaterally to fix immigration. So they wanted him to do the very thing which they voted to sue him for the previous day.
1) Ted Nugent: After Ted Nugent called me a “lying punk,” I proceed to ask him to prove exactly how I was lying. I did so by asking him several tough, but sourced and direct questions. His response? He blocked me from his Facebook account and deleted my posts.
Well, that will wrap up this week’s power rankings. As always I hoped you enjoyed them and I encourage everyone to hit me up on Twitter to let me know what you think.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Bill Pushed by Texas Republicans, Big Oil, Disgustingly Sets Out to Directly Undermine Democracy - April 21, 2015
- Here’s How Liberals Can Make Hillary Clinton the Candidate They Want Her to Be - April 21, 2015
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Slams ‘Absurd’ Media for Making Climate Change Deniers Seem Credible - April 19, 2015