This is a man who constantly rallies against big government spending, and champions himself a “true small government fiscal conservative.”
Only, he’s completely full of crap.
Before I cover a few items from his political career which proudly display his hypocrisy about government spending, I’d like to give a little background on the man himself.
You see, Paul Ryan had the unfortunate fate of losing his father as a teen—a teen who attended a public high school. However, this tragic event led to a 16 year old Paul Ryan receiving Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday. Ryan then saved these Social Security benefits (yes, that same Social Security he has called a Ponzi scheme) to help pay for his education at Miami University (a publicly funded university by the way).
Though he worked summers during school as a salesman for Oscar Mayer, his entire career has been spent as a politician, or working for one in various jobs or internships.
Yes, the man who has built a career preaching small government went to public school, used Social Security benefits to pay for his college degree and has spent his entire adult life working for the government. The man who champions the greatness of the private sector, and beats his drum on the evils of government, has never really held a job in the private sector—but has made quite a life for himself as a government employee.
Now, I know what Republicans will say, “But President Obama has never worked for the private sector either!”, and that’s mostly true—but he also hasn’t made a career preaching about the evils of government like Ryan has.
Now, moving on to a few items from his career as a politician.
First, let me destroy this ridiculous notion that he’s a “fiscally responsible hero.”
- Voted for both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Voted, and publicly lobbied, for stimulus bills while George W. Bush was in office
- Also voted for the $152 billion 2008 stimulus package passed under Bush
- While publicly condemning the 2009 stimulus passed under President Obama (which he voted against) he then privately sought funds from that very same stimulus for his district
- Voted for the Medicare Part D plan passed under Bush, which will end up costing tax payers trillions
- Voted for the Bush Tax Cuts, while voting for both wars
- Voted for the $700 billion TARP (Wall Street) bailout
- He voted for the auto bailout as well
None of these even touch the roughly $1.8 trillion in defense spending he’s supported during his time in Congress.
This man is the definition of a hypocrite.
A man who went to public school as a minor, used Social Security money to pay for his college degree where he went to a publicly funded university, has made a career as a government employee and voted for bills that have added trillions to our national debt—championing himself as a “small government fiscally responsible hero.”
All while pushing for a budget which would cut taxes even more, calls for $554 billion more in defense spending, guts many programs which help the poor and would turn Medicare into a voucher system (that would essentially destroy Medicare completely).
His hypocrisy in supporting massive spending (well, until Obama got into office), while claiming to be a man for “small, fiscally responsible government” is well established. Even beyond that, however, lies the contradiction in his worship of both Ayn Rand (an atheist who preached selfishness and considered religious people to be fools) and his claims of being a devout follower of Jesus Christ.
How Ryan can say he models his life based on the teachings of Jesus Christ, while supporting the social economic ideologies of a woman who preached the exact opposite, is a true testament to his ignorance and hypocrisy.
Paul Ryan defines what the Republican Party has become—a shallow entity built on propaganda, hypocrisy, thriving on ignorance and lacking any true substance that supports their rhetoric. Perhaps the saddest part of it all is the fact that he wouldn’t have it any other way.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Donald Trump’s Disgusting Tweet About Chicago Mother’s Murder Is Another New Low - August 28, 2016
- Trump’s Doc Makes a Fool Out of Himself on NBC News, Raising More Questions About Trump’s Health (Video) - August 27, 2016
- If the Truth About Hillary Clinton Was So Awful, Then Those Opposing Her Wouldn’t Lie So Often - August 27, 2016