Basically since before he even took the oath of office to become President of the United States, Republicans have opposed everything President Obama stands for and blamed him for practically everything.
Literally it wasn’t even a few weeks into his presidency, in the middle of the worst economic crash since the Great Depression, before Republicans started blaming him for our economic woes.
So, as we continue to see one positive jobs report after another, I thought I’d finally give in and make a list of a few things Republicans can blame on President Obama:
- Job losses were cut by more than 50% within his first 4 months in office.
- He saved the American auto industry.
- Has cut our deficits by more than half.
- Killed Osama bin Ladin.
- Got Syria to give up their chemical weapons without firing a single shot.
- Presided over record breaking stock levels (with the Dow closing over 17,000 for the first time in its 118-year history).
- Reduced unemployment from 10% to 5.5%.
- We just saw the best year of job growth in the United States since 1999.
- The quickest drop in unemployment in 30 years.
- 61 straight months of private sector job growth.
- Over 12 million private sector jobs created.
- In 2015, over 11.7 million people signed up for health care thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
- Millions of Americans have gained, or kept, health care coverage thanks to Medicaid expansions and being able to stay on their parents’ insurance longer.
- He hasn’t started a single war.
- Hasn’t tried to confiscate a single gun.
I could go on, but I think that’s a good enough list of things Republicans can blame on President Obama. Though I’m sure many Republicans reading this aren’t aware of most of what I just listed, because Fox News rarely reports any of that.
And might I also remind conservatives, he’s done all of this without any help from congressional Republicans. In fact, he’s done all of this in spite of their best efforts to obstruct him at every turn.
So, Republicans, I say blame away. Blame President Obama for everything I just listed above. I’ll go ahead and predict that you can also blame him for next month’s jobs report that will show we added jobs for the 62nd consecutive month.
Because you damn sure know if it were a Republican who presided over everything I just listed above, you’d be calling him an American hero and a conservative legend.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Bigoted Texas Attorney General Could Be Facing Life in Prison on First-Degree Felony Charges - July 1, 2015
- Ted Cruz Gets Slammed by Fox News’ Megyn Kelly Over Ridiculous Supreme Court Comments (Video) - July 1, 2015
- Bobby Jindal’s Campaign Starts Twitter Hashtag #AskBobby – Hilarity Ensues - July 1, 2015