Well, following Rush Limbaugh calling the Pope a Marxist and Sarah Palin whining about how he sounded too liberal, FoxNews.com editor and columnist Adam Shaw officially declared Pope Francis the enemy by doing the one thing that solidifies him as someone conservatives will oppose — he called him the Catholic Church’s Obama.
- “Just like President Obama loved apologizing for America, Pope Francis likes to apologize for the Catholic Church.”
- “Just like Obama thought he’d won over Putin by promising a reset, Francis thinks by talking vacuously about the poor, he will be respected.”
- “Like Obama, Francis is unable to see the problems that are really endangering his people.”
- “Like Obama he mistakes the faithful for the enemy, the enemy for his friend, condescension for respect, socialism for justice and capitalism for tyranny.”
- “In trying to please the media and the modern world, Francis mistakes their glee for respect.”
In every one of these asinine statements, Mr. Shaw clearly seems to believe Pope Francis has the mentality of a Republican. Not that he’s a conservative, but he obviously feels as if Pope Francis is calculated by what he says and how he says it. He feels as if he has some ulterior motive behind he words much like Republicans do behind all their right-wing propaganda.
But hey, here’s a novel idea: Maybe what Pope Francis says is simply — what he actually believes as a Christian.
It’s amazing how a Pope daring to actually act like he follows the Christianity spoke about by Jesus Christ somehow makes him some lost soul who just doesn’t “get it,” as these right-wingers seem to believe.
Personally I’m absolutely loving this, because I know it’s only going to get worse for them. This is just the beginning of the conservative attack on Pope Francis for daring to call out the greed that unregulated capitalism allows. See, in their minds capitalism is flawless. But the truth is, while capitalism is a great economic platform to build a nation around, it’s still flawed. It requires regulations in order to keep greed and corruption from getting out of control. Which is exactly what we’ve seen since the dawn of trickle-down economics.
But the real problem these conservatives have with Pope Francis is the fact that he simply dared to act like a real Christian. I know, terrible isn’t it?!
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Convention TV Ratings Show Trump’s Popularity Isn’t Nearly As Amazing As He’d Like You To Think It Is - July 23, 2016
- While Trying to Bash Obama, Trump Actually Ends Up Proving How Awful George W. Bush Was - July 23, 2016
- In Brilliant Letter, Lifelong Republican Resigns From Position After Donald Trump Nomination - July 23, 2016