Reading some of these comments coming from the NRA convention in Houston has pushed me to a point where I must vent. Honestly, the insanity being spewed by these people would be laughable if millions of Americans didn’t agree with them.
Have you heard about the new NRA President? Holy crap, talk about a complete jackass. This man is an attorney for a firm which specializes in defending gun manufacturers, has called Obama a “fake President” (aka a birther) and has said the Civil War was “the war of northern aggression”—you know, what supporters of the Confederacy often called it.
I mean come on. The NRA has a new birther President who thinks President Obama isn’t an American, thinks the Confederate states had the right to own slaves (apparently Lincoln was a tyrant) and believes all Americans should be military trained to fight against tyranny.
I would have some witty remark to follow that up with, but I don’t think it’s necessary. This level of crazy speaks for itself.
But what I will do is repeat something I’ve said plenty of times. President Obama does not want to take away your damn guns.
No, the the Second Amendment isn’t under attack.
Under the plan Obama spoke of back in January you could still own thousands of guns. You could still own bullets. Hell, you could still own semi-automatics. There was absolutely no limit on how many guns you could own.
What Obama proposed was the same assault weapon ban we had until just a few years ago. Did the world end, and tyranny take over, because of this ban? No. It’s the very same ban George W. Bush has been quoted as saying he felt should have been renewed in 2004. A ban on the same weapons George H. Bush and Ronald Reagan both said had no place in the hands of ordinary civilians.
President Obama also said he supported a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. You don’t need more than 10 bullets to hunt or defend yourself—and if you do, you probably shouldn’t be operating any kind of firearms to begin with.
Sorry sport shooters, I can’t support high-capacity magazines simply for sport shooting. Ranges can be allowed to own these for sport purposes, but they shouldn’t be privately owned.
He also supported universal background checks. What kind of delusional fools oppose a background check for all gun purchases? Well, we know which Senators oppose this law. Thankfully over 80% of Americans don’t. But seriously, you can’t even debate against universal background checks and if you try, you’re just proving your own ignorance.
Another thing he proposed was funding for enhanced resources to prevent mentally ill people from obtaining guns. Again, what imbecile opposes actions that seek to prevent mentally ill individuals from obtaining dangerous weapons?
He said we need increased funding for more law enforcement officers, funding to provide researchers the resources to study why people do these heinous acts and funding for schools to have armed security on campus if they so wish.
None of that is an attack on the Second Amendment, it’s called using common sense.
Just because our Constitution gives us a right, doesn’t mean that right can’t have problems that need solutions. I support the right for gun ownership as a gun owner myself, but I also support sensible regulations of that right to try and prevent some of these horrific acts of violence.
Here’s my example of the difference between a liberal and a conservative talking about guns:
- Liberal: I believe in sensible gun regulations that limit high-capacity magazines and some semi-automatic rifles. I believe that Americans have the right to own handguns for self-defense and rifles for hunting. However, I believe the selling of guns and their ammunition should be regulated with background checks to ensure the wrong people can’t simply walk into a gun show or their local Walmart and illegally purchase these items.
- Conservative: Socialist liberals just want to turn law-abiding citizens into criminals. You know Hitler banned guns too, right? Bacon kills people every year, guess you people believe we should ban bacon? Obesity kills people every day, should we ban the spoons people use to eat with? Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. The only way to stop bad people with guns, are good people with guns. Our government fears an armed populace! You’ll get my guns when you take them from my cold dead hands.
Do you see the difference? I know it’s subtle.
These people at this NRA convention are lunatics. Mentally ill psychopaths who have an unhealthy worship of inanimate objects and suffer from delusional paranoia of damn near everything.
They argue that guns aren’t the problem, people are the problem. You know, they might be somewhat right—these people are the damn problem.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Sean Hannity Has On-Air Breakdown, Seems to Have Realized Donald Trump is a Disaster (Audio) - September 30, 2016
- Addressing One of the Most Asinine Things Green Party Hero Jill Stein Has Ever Said - September 30, 2016
- Jake Tapper Perfectly Sums Up Donald Trump’s Hypocrisy About Bill Clinton’s Affairs (Video) - September 30, 2016