It’s back, ladies and gentlemen. This is the fifth edition of my monthly installment titled 10 Questions Every Liberal Should Ask Every Republican. As always the premise is pretty easy. About once a month I write this feature with 10 new questions I believe liberals should present to their conservative counterparts to have them answer. The questions are generally fairly direct and simple.
So let’s get to it!
1) Change Cliven Bundy’s name to Mohammad bin Nayef, then change his group of “patriotic Americans” to a group of armed Muslims pointing guns at federal officials (in the exact same anti-government situation). Would Fox News and conservatives be viewing these people as proud conservative icons or radical terrorists?
2) If supporting the Confederate flag is “just about history,” then couldn’t people say the same thing about the Nazi swastika?
3) How is voting against a bill that would make it illegal to pay a woman less than a man for equal work “supporting women’s rights”?
4) Do you not find it just a tad bit interesting that almost every policy the Republican party supports would benefit the Koch brothers?
5) Isn’t the canceling of insurance plans by insurance companies and higher premiums an argument for actual socialized health care instead of the repeal of “Obamacare”?
6) Does it ever occur to you that the reason why your party says climate change is a hoax, opposes mass public transit systems and rallies against green energy is because none of those three things would benefit big oil?
7) Do you realize that almost everything conservatives complain about in “Obamacare” is caused by the compromises Democrats had to make with Republicans to get the law passed?
8) If your party’s goal was to make Obama fail, and many of them have cheered any time he has faced failure or adversity, why would they have done anything up until now to help him succeed?
9) What freedoms have you lost since Obama became president?
10) Why is it okay for the government to seize land in order to build an oil pipeline, but not okay to fine an individual because his cattle were illegally grazing on federally owned land?
Well, that will wrap up this edition. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you’ll take these questions with you to ask your conservative friends and family.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Slams ‘Absurd’ Media for Making Climate Change Deniers Seem Credible - April 19, 2015
- “Religious Freedom” At Work: Tenn. Swingers Club Is Claiming It’s A Church To Get Around Zoning Laws - April 19, 2015
- Jeb Bush Becomes Latest Republican To Admit Trickle-Down Economics Is A Scam - April 17, 2015